My New Favorite Outfit: And the Survey Says...

Monday, March 30, 2015

And the Survey Says...

About a week ago I asked you all to take a quick survey. I like to do this about once a year, and hear what you all have to say. I want to make sure I'm doing what I can to make coming to this little corner of the internet worth your time.

Probably my favorite question was asking what two of your favorite daily reads were.  It gave me a chance to discover some new blogs, which was really cool. I few blogs stuck out as repeats by so many of you too. Over and over again many of you said you read Because Shanna Said SoPutting Me Together, and Walking in Grace and Beauty. I love all these ladies and although I feel like they all have "bigger" blogs than I do, I feel like we all have affordable, wearable fashion in common, and I'm honored to be on your reading lists with them.

Another question I had was about how long you'd been reading my blog. Back in the fall when I starting sharing more of my personal life and faith on here I wasn't sure how all my current readers would react. The survey showed that about 30% had been reading for 1-6 months, 30% for 6-12 months and 30% for more than a year.  So, it seems like my shift in focus has brought in 30% new people while it's kept 60% of you to keep on reading (yay!). 5% had been reading for less than a month and 5% since the beginning, way to go 5%, that first year wasn't very pretty....

I also wondered what made you all stick around. People could check more than one box, but 96% of you said the outfits (well, this is a fashion blog of sorts, isn't it), then 53% said my faith-centered post, and 33% also checked sharing details about my life.  I definitely feel like my blog shift has made this little space so much more reflective of who I am, and I'm grateful to have you all accept me as I am. : )

I next asked what you all wanted to see more of, and while about 50% said, to keep this blog as is, I also had 50% say they'd like more "how-to wear" posts and "save vs. splurge" posts.  I feel like I used to do a lot more of this, and honestly haven't done it much lately because the writing on the posts takes more time now, so I haven't spent as much time on "how-to" posts.   After all, this is a fashion blog, so I'm going to work to incorporate this more often.  I also asked if there were some specific topics you'd like me to cover. Here are some of the ideas you all shared:
  • I had requests for more collaborations with bloggers, which I also used to do more. I'll have to think about a fresh way to do this.  
  • I also had a request for a "Style Challenge" like Audrey of Putting Me Together has done. What do you ladies think about that? It could be fun! I'm not sure how a link-up would work, the majority of you readers are non-bloggers. Thoughts?
  • I had a request for dressing for body types. I did this last year, so I hate to repost the same things, but it's clear I have quite a few new readers. I've added a few tabs up above, including one on Dressing for Your Shape.  Hopefully that'll help you need readers out : )
  • I also had a request for tips on how to read the Bible, which I think could be a great post too.
The last question I asked was about how you all found my blog, and I thought this was super interesting. The majority of you said you had found me though another blog or though a link-up. In the past I feel like I'd made blogging, reading blogs, and growing my blog way too much of a focus, so I made some big adjusts. I stopped reading so many blogs and stopped doing so many link-ups. Your answers have caused me to think about the way I engage with other bloggers though, most of you didn't find me though any social media outlet, but though other blogs. I need to keep this in mind as I move forward. 

Thanks again to all of you who took the time to take my survey. I really want to do my best!



I was excited to come across this scarf on thredUp (use this thredUP link to get $10 off your first order). I don't have anything else like it and adore the bold green. This Kate Spade purse from thredUP is also turning out to be one of my favorite purchases ever. I adore the color and shape. 

I wore these boyfriend jeans on here about a week ago and love them. They were a crazy $.99 Goodwill find, here is this year's version, although my husband isn't thrilled about the fit in the back, can any other girl's relate? He thinks they're too baggy, and requested I "shrink the heck out of them." Boys....


Cardigan: Old Navy similar
Shirt: Target same
Scarf: Apt. 9 similar via thredUP (use this thredUP link to get $10 off your first order)
Necklace: Stella and Dot same
Shoes: Sam and Libby similar
Bracelets: Stella and Dot same / same
Bag Kate Spade similar via thredUP (use this thredUP link to get $10 off your first order)


13 comments:

  1. I am not surprised that so many other ladies love your blog. You are honest and real and you have great style that is easy to duplicate. Congrats on the success of your blog. I am in love with that scarf! My only issue with ThreadUp is that I dont have the time to shop! It takes me a while to browse. I need to create more time for fun(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pops of neon in your outfit! 99 cents for those jeans, what a find! I bet seeing all the survey results is really interesting, I could see how you could use it like an assessment to help guide your blog going forward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your Neon accents today! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the survey answers with us. I also love those blogs that the majority likes. I need some BF jeans, Yours fit you so well and that dotted polka dot scarf is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scarf! Love your blog and the changes you've been making.
    I don't love boyfriend style jeans, haven't found any that flatter me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I did my survey it was fun just to see what people think. Looks like you got lots of great feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surveying your audience is such a great idea! Best way to see where things are going well/can improve. I'm loving this outfit. The yellow accents are so great, and those sandals are amazing!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to hear the survey results--thanks for sharing!

    And those SHOES!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this outfit an your pops of color. This is a typical spring outfit for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how that scarf looks with your wedges! The results of the survey were interesting! I've always wanted to do a survey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun scarf! I love how it matches your shoes perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think surveys are a great way to learn more from your readers. Did you get a fairly large response? I found the responses to be quite interesting. I'm pretty sure I found your blog because your button and frequent comments were on the blogs I would read everyday. I can't believe you found such a great bag on thredup! How much was it if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious about their designer prices!

    ReplyDelete